BeotsMusic has been discontinued as Beats Music is now Apple Music.
BeotsMusic is a Mac OS X application which brings Beats Music to the desktop without using a browser.
Why is that good?
- No more 'trying to find in which tab is Beats Music running'..
- Media keys support! (Yeah, those with ▶ ❚❚ on them.)
- Headphones remote (Apple Mikey) support!
- No Flash plugin required.
- AppleScript support.
- Stops on suspend.
BeotsMusic is a weird name. How to pronounce it?
I don't know, but you can get a clue from SoundCleod.
How to get it?
- Download the latest from here.
- Double click the file.
- Drag BeotsMusic into your Applications folder.
- Go to Applications, double click BeotsMusic.
- Optionally drag BeotsMusic from Applications into the Dock.
Important! Minimum required OSX version is 10.7 (Lion).
Beats Music the service itself doesn't support keyboard shortcuts unlike SoundCloud. That means, the method being used here is a bit more hackery than the predecessor, SoundCleod.
Use at your own higher risk. It might destroy the Earth. Or better don't use it.
Maintained by Dongsung "Don" Kim
Created by Márton Salomváry
and SoundCleod contributors
View the Project on GitHub | Theme by orderedlist